Archive for the ‘Definite Chief Aim’ Category
“Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”
~ Wayne Gretzky
Every leader has the habit of making decisions quickly and changing them very slowly.
The majority of people that fail to provide sufficiently for their needs are generally easily influenced by the opinion of others. They permit the newspapers, television, radio, and the the thoughts of others to speak into their lives without discretion. Being easily influenced by the opinions of others will kill any desire you may have.
Learn to keep your own counsel of people that are in complete sympathy and harmony with your purpose. Seek their advice but come to your own conclusions and follow up immediately with ACTION.
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
If you need facts or information from other people, get the information quickly and discreetly. It is a shield from potential negative and from people that set out to defeat you because they envy you.
A general rule of thumb, “keep a closed mouth and open ears and eyes.”
Those that make decisions promptly and decisively usually get what they want because they know EXACTLY what they want.
Defeating procrastination takes real courage but those that are willing to live by their purpose have the world in their hands.
“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
~ Martin Luther King Jr.
Affirmations for Procrastination
- Do It Now!
- I am decisive
- I stand firmly by my decisions
In order to be successful you will be required to take steps everyday to protect your attitude from negative thoughts of fear and worry. You fight these evils with gratitude and action. I created this simple form that I fill out everyday that I call the Positive Attitude Adjuster. Take it, modify it, use it. I challenge my readers to commit to doing this for 30 days consecutively to see amazing results. Any comments on how I could improve this form are also greatly appreciated.
Aspire to the top. You can do anything in life as long as you are willing to do the studying to build your self-confidence proactively. Develop a plan and work from it 24/7. Strive for innovation and efficiency with diligence. Remember, it is never to late to get ahead of the game
To be confident, act confident
- Develop a calm confident mindset
- “To achieve your highest goals, you want to be practically in a military state of readiness, never letting your guard down until the game is over.” ~pg. 8
- consistently believe in yourself
- work hard
- testing every possible business angle
- “I believe I can win!”
To be a machine, act machine
- work both smart and hard
- good work ethic and a strong plan
- Compound your effort continually and you compound the benefits continuously.
To be charitable, act charitable
- Find your passion. Give yourself wholeheartedly to it.
To be a success, act a success
- Create and maintain core values to live by.
- Take full responsibility for your life.
- Nobody or nothing may stop you with a long term focused effort.
“Successful people are those who are focused on proactively performing a clear goal, at the highest level, for the most hours, over the longest period, and are not successful due to patronage.” pgs. 15-16
Success is a system and not a secret is what I have learned through Napoleon Hill and the Foundation that was created in his name. I have learned that like attracts like and that thoughts become things because what we think about we become. Through our imagination we create plans and put them into action. We go the extra mile in all our interactions. Our motto is, “Do it Now!” The foundational principles for outstanding success are:
Napoleon Hill believed in a Master Mind that used the collective consciousness of its members to actively solve problems and create new ideas and plans. It begins with a definite purpose rendered with better service than that for which one is paid, done in a positive mental attitude, and with a creative imagination that is applied with faith. Remember, faith without action is merely a wish.
A definite purpose backed by applied faith, is a form of wisdom, and wisdom in action, produces positive results.
Decide now what you want out of life and what you will give in return for it. Begin right now where you stand. Then as you progress other and better means will be revealed to you.
If you do not have a definite purpose then make your definite purpose to find your definite purpose, date it, and sign it. Dr. Joe Dudley used a 6 hour reading program of Think and Grow Rich once a week to create a very successful international company known as Dudley, Inc.
Napoleon Hill, through his twenty-odd years of creating this philosophy, noticed that 5% of the population that were succeeding had a definite purpose and a definite plan to achieve their aim.
If you are a true student of Hill’s philosophy, become a master by teaching it to others. Thereby you guarantee your compensation in advance. It is well know that the “teacher” learns the lesson better than the students. So, come join us in the Mastermind Online and become a contributor. Experience the exponential growth you can tap. Have faith in the fact that you can give people the opportunity and the knowledge to improve their lot in life just by sharing what you know. This can be profoundly liberating. The Mastermind Online membership desires to put faith into practice so that we may inspire others to take control of their destinies. What a beautiful world it would be if we all had a labor of love to follow.
Through the habit of going the extra mile you can attract to you whatever you desire. Help enough people get what they want and you will automatically get what you want.
Fundamentals of Applied Faith
- ACTION! Action cures fear. Nothing great has ever been achieved without the Habit of Going the Extra Mile.
- Positive Mental Attitude free from negative emotions
- Recognition of the fact that every adversity carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit and no temporary defeat is a failure until you consider it so.
- Recognition of the intelligence that gives order to every thing in the universe.
- Let your imagination see yourself in the possession of your definite purpose.
Faith is a positive mental attitude in action!
Formula for Self – Confidence
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I DEMAND of myself persistent, aggresive, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
- I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for thirty minutes daily, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental pictures of this person.
- I know though the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression though some practial means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I will devote ten minutes daily to demading of myself the development of SELF-CONFIDENCE.
- I have clearly written down a description of my DEFINITE CHIEF AIM in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.
I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory, and repeat it aloud once a day with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHTS and ACTIONS so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful person.
Forming and Maintaining a Mastermind Group
Instructions by Napoleon Hill
- The first step is to adopt a Definite Purpose as an objective to be attained by the alliance, choosing individual members whose education, experience and influence are such as to make them of the greatest value in achieving that purpose.
- There isn’t any use in forming a Master Mind Alliance just to have someone to chat with. It will soon play out if you don’t have a strong motive behind it, and it’s up to you to plant that motive in the minds of the group members.
- Your allies for this group should be chosen for their ability to help you get to where you are going. Do not choose people simply because you know them and like them. I have found out by experience that merely because you like a person is no reason whatsoever to have him as a member of your economic Master Mind Alliance. It is all right to have such a person in your social or purely personal alliance, where his contribution may simply be this very friendship you appreciate.
- You should make a careful analysis of your purpose and list the items you will need for its attainment and then systematically go about supplying the links with which to forge the chain. Each member of the alliance should make some definite, distinctive, unique contribution to the over all picture.
- In making your selection of allies for this economic group, you may have to be a little “cold blooded” at first. It is no easy job to select the right members. You may have to choose and eliminate until you get the right ones. This is costly in time and money. You should be guided in your choice by the things you need which you do not already have. If it is money you need to finance the deal, you must find a person who has the money to invest. No matter what nice people you know who would like to work with you, if they don’t have any money they cannot really make the particular contribution to the alliance you need. No-you must find a person with the money and cultivate his willingness to cooperate, by showing him the opportunities to make a profit from the investment.
- Of course, you don’t take the first person who answers the major requirement, unless he also possesses the other necessary attributes. The qualifications of membership in a Master Mind Alliance are very exacting. Consider each candidate for membership in the light of his ability, his personality, and his willingness to cooperate with you. I cannot overemphasize the necessity for harmony, if it is going to be a successful organization.
- Determine what appropriate benefit each member may receive in return for his cooperation in the alliance. At this point review the nine basic motives which I termed the alphabet of success. Base your appeals for cooperation on one or more of these motives. I can tell you ahead of time which motive will have the greatest appeal and I’ll bet you can guess it yourself.
- You’re right! It’s the desire for material wealth, or profit. If you make a profit, be willing to divide it with those who help you. Be not only fair, but generous with them, and the more generous you are with them, the more help you will get from them. Remember the principle of going the extra mile. What a pity that not all businessmen know about that! One of my purposes in life is to see that they learn about it.
- Establish a definite place where the members of the alliance will meet, have a definite plan, and arrange a definite time for the mutual discussion of the plan. You will recall the importance of a plan in connection with your Definite Major Purpose. Well, this is the time and place to reveal that plan to those who are your friends and harmonious associates, who will have a community of interest in the success of the venture. You may think your plan is very good, but before you get through discussing it with your allies you will undoubtedly modify it until you hit upon the perfect plan.
- When you have established rapport between your mind ant he minds of others in your Master Mind Alliance, you will find that ideas will flow into the minds of each of the members and likewise into your own mind. When the Master Mind is in effect, it produces ideas that would not come to your mind alone. I have had that experience many times when sitting in on the many groups of which I am a member on a consulting basis.
- The Round Table discussion will be the place where everyone meets, and where each member may speak with confidence. They all see what’s on the table. You have no secrets in such a group, which results from the care with which you select members.
- It is important that frequent and regular contacts be made between the members. Indefiniteness on this point, or utter neglect, will bring defeat. You must keep in almost continuous contact with the other minds of the group if you are to get the full benefit of them. Meetings should be scheduled often, and telephone numbers exchanged, so that it is possible within a few minutes to discuss any sudden development with the group.
- It is the burden of the leader of the alliance to see that harmony among all the members is maintained and that action is continuous in the pursuance of the Definite Major Objective. Action or work is the connecting link between desire, plan, and fulfillment.
- The watchword of the alliance should be Definiteness of Purpose, Positiveness of Plan, backed by continuous perfect harmony. The major strength of such an alliance consists in the perfect blending of the mind of all members. Jealousy, envy or friction, as well as lagging of interest on the part of any member, will bring defeat unless he is removed at once.
- The number of Individuals in an alliance should be governed entirely by the nature and magnitude of the purpose to be attained. If you are going after a purpose comparable to that of Mr. Edison’s you will require a large number of persons with special talents and training. A lesser undertaking will call for a correspondingly smaller group. In general, it is better to have as few members as possible, because it will be that much easier to maintain harmony among them. Quite often a man will need only a really cooperative alliance with his wife in order to achieve the purpose he feels inspired to achieve.
- If a man cannot find that harmony which I have mentioned as being desirable between man and wife, it is possible for a man to form a purely economic alliance with a woman other than a wife.
- Positive mental attitude
All riches begin with a state of mind. And remember, it is the one thing over which you have sole control. This is the starting point of all riches, whether they be material or intangible. It attracts true friendship and the hope of future achievement. You labor in the highest plane of your soul, creating. It attracts harmony in home relationships and friendly cooperation. It frees you from fear and provides you with the riches of enthusiasm. It inspires you with the riches of song and laughter, which indicate your state of mind. The joy of knowing that the mind can and will serve any desired end if one will take possession of it and fuel it with a definite purpose. It elicits the riches of play through which one may lay aside all of the burdens of life and become as a little child again. It puts you in touch with one’s “other self” – the self which knows no such reality as permanent failure. The wisdom of meditation through which one may draw upon the great universal supply of infinite intelligence at will. These and all other riches begin with a positive mental attitude.
- Sound Physical Health
Sound health begins with a “health consciousness” produced by a mind that thinks in terms of health instead of sickness. It requires temperance in eating and commitment to physical activity.
- Harmony in Human Relationships
Harmony with others begins with yourself. “To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou cans’t not then be false to any man” ~Shakespeare
- Freedom from Fear
Nobody who fears anything is free. The seven basic fears that appear in the mind are poverty, criticism, ill health, loss of love,loss of liberty, old age, and death.
- The Hope of Achievement
The greatest of all forms of happiness comes from hope of achievement of some yet unattained desire.
- The Capacity for Faith
Faith is the connection with the conscious mind and all that is. It is the fertile soil of the garden of the human mind where all riches in life are produced. It is the stuff that gives creative power and action to the impulses of your thoughts.
- Willingness to Share One’s Blessings
Happiness comes only by sharing. Riches that are not shared will ultimately die. All riches may be multiplied by the simple process of sharing them where they may serve others.
- Labor of Love
Labor is the highest form of human expression of desire. The forerunner of all human progress. All labors of love are sanctified because they bring the joy of self-expression.
- An Open Mind on All Subjects
It is only the person with an open mind who becomes truly educated and who is thus prepared to receive the greater riches of life.
The person who cannot master himself may never become of the master of anything else. Those that master themselves become the masters of their destiny. The greatest expression of this is in humility of the hear when one has attained great riches or has been overtaken by that which is called “success”.
- Capacity to Understand People
Comes from the basic understanding that all people are fundamentally like and evolved from the same place. Those who understand what motivates others must first understand what motivates themselves.
- Economic Security
Economic security is not attained by the possession of money alone. It is attained by the service one renders – for this may be converted into all forms of human needs, with or without the use of money.
Nobody has ever accomplished anything, never created anything, never devised any plans or developed a definite chief aim without the use of imagination ! Everything ever created or built was first mentally visioned, through imagination. In this philosophy you learn through your imagination to take old, well-known ideas or concepts, or parts of ideas, and combine them with still other old ideas, and out of that combination create something that seems to be new. This is the major process of invention… Ideas are valuable in any business, and the one who strikes out to cultivate the power of imagination, out of which ideas are born, will sooner or later find himself headed toward financial success backed with tremendous power.
Thomas Edison is a perfect example. It was a known fact that light could be created by applying electrical energy to wire, to heat it to a white heat. The problem was how to control the heat. After years of thinking Edison remembered the method of burning charcoal. He finally understood that cutting off oxygen to a heat source would keep it completely from burning up. With this knowledge in mind, Edison created a vacuum tube and placed it over the wire. This is your modern light bulb.
To cultivate your imagination so it will eventually trigger ideas on its own initiative you must keep a record of all useful, ingenious, and practical ideas, you see in use in other lines of work outside of your occupation. I would recommend a pocket sized moleskin or index cards.
This procedure is practical because it has been followed successfully by some of the best known leaders and business leaders.
“Everything you can imagine is real”
~ Pablo Picasso
The dreamer who creates practical ideas must place back of these ideas:
It is your business to succeed in life and yours alone! How you define success is your call.
Anyone who can create plans and ideas that will cause the number of patrons of any business to constantly increase, and who is able to send all the patrons away satisfied, is well on his way to success. Regardless of the venture.