Law of Success – Lesson 10 – Pleasing…
“The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people. “
“Assume a virtue if you have it not.”
~ William Shakespeare
7 Chief Factors in a Pleasing Personality
- Become genuinely interested in other people. Find positive attributes of others and speak of hem in praise
- Learn to speak with force and conviction both in ordinary conversation and formal settings. The ability to control your speaking volume towards any situation.
- Dress appropriately
- A positive mental attitude
- Proper handshake that expresses warmth and enthusiasm.
- Attract others to yourself by “attracting” yourself to them.
- Remember that the only limitations are the ones that you setup in your own mind.
“Nothing is ever lost by courtesy it is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much, it pleads him who gives and him who receives, and thus like mercy, is twice blessed. “
~ Erastus Wiman
13 Qualities of a Pleasing Personality
- The manner of shaking hands.
- Clothing and posture of body.
- Voice – it’s tone, volume, and quality.
- Sincerity of Purpose
- Choice of words, and their appropriateness
- Facial Expression
- Dominating thoughts(because they register in the minds of other people.
- Personal Magnetism
“Try not to become a man of success, bu rather to become a man of value.”